On Tuesday, May 02, the St. Croix County Board of Supervisors is scheduled to vote on adopting the Comprehensive Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan that has been in the works since 2015.  The recommendation to adopt the plan was formally made at a joint meeting of the Transportation Committee, and the Community Development Committee on April 20th.

The plan was developed under County contract by Toole Design Group, and funded by a Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) grant, combined with matching funds from the St. Croix River Crossing Mitigation Growth Management Fund and St. Croix County budget.  It is designed to serve as a roadmap for the on-going development of bicycle and hiking trails throughout the county.

The plan creates hundreds of miles of interconnected trails, and it’s implementation costs are expected to be $33.2 Million if all 64 projects are constructed over the next 7-10 years.  The plan will projects that 90% of the anticipated costs to come from local tax payer funding, and the remaining 10% to come from grants and other sources.  No signifiant effort was made to assess the actual economic benefit that the comprehensive system of trails may, or may not bring to the County.

The vote to adopt the plan is scheduled to occur at the 5:00 pm meeting of the County Board on Tuesday, May 02 in the board room at the County Government Center.  To express your opinion on this resolution, call or email your district supervisor.

You can also find out which supervisory district you live in using this resource.

View the Agenda